The mission of the Gallatin City-County Health Department is to promote and protect health and wellbeing in Gallatin County.
HealthyGallatin.org was created to explain and promote the programs and services that the health department offers to our community.
The Gallatin City-County Health Department is overseen by the Board of Health and is dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of county residents and the environment through the efforts of dedicated and skilled employees.
The health department is guided by the following principles:
- Evidence-based practices grounded in sound science and effective implementation
- Collaboration and communication with community members and partners
- Empowering people through education and engagement to make healthy choices
- Continuous quality improvement
- Consistent application of public health laws and regulations
- Serving all with respect, equality, and equity