Gallatin City-County Board of Health
Click each board member’s name for more details.
Gallatin City-County Board of Health Administrative Staff
- Matt Kelley, Health Officer
- Tracy Knoedler, Human Services Director
- Lori Christenson, Environmental Health Director
Resolution 2021-004 – Appointment of the interim Gallatin City-County Health Officer by the City of Bozeman and Gallatin County Commissions.
The Gallatin City-County Board of Health will be holding their next meeting on May 27, 2021 at 7:00 a.m. This meeting will be virtual. Additional meeting details will be posted once they are available.
- Register online: TBD
- Join by phone:
- Public Comments:
- Submit public comment via email BOHPublicComment@gallatin.mt.gov.
- Public comments will be closed at 4:00 p.m. on May 26.
- Comments are viewable online and must be respectful of others.
- Comments may not include any vulgar or threatening language.
Learn how to download and join a virtual Board of Health meeting using Zoom with these downloadable instructions, or at this series of Zoom 101 video tutorials.
Submit Public Comment
To submit a public comment via email BOHPublicComment@gallatin.mt.gov.
All Public Comments are closed at 4:00 pm the day before a Board of Health meeting.
About the Board
The City-County Board of Health is created under an Interlocal Agreement between Gallatin County and the City of Bozeman, dated June, 1990, as amended under the Interlocal Agreement dated May 12, 1997, pursuant to the provisions of Section 50-2-106, M.C.A.
The Board is:
- Comprised of nine members serving staggered three-year terms, as follows:
(1) a County Commissioner or representative,
(2) a City Commissioner or representative,
(3) three members appointed by the County Commission,
(4) three members appointed by the City Commission, and
(5) one member appointed jointly by the City and County Commissions.
- Responsible for appointing a Health Officer and ensuring that the necessary qualified staff is employed, within budget constraints
- Responsible for activities ensuring the health of the community, including guarding against the introduction of communicable diseases and providing for the removal of filth that might adversely affect public health.
The Health Department operates under the County and its personnel manual.
For additional information, contact the Gallatin City-County Health Department at (406) 582-3100.