The next Gallatin City-County Board of Health meeting will be held on Friday, March 12, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. This meeting will be virtual.
- Register online: https://bit.ly/3qYFkd6
- Join by phone:
- Dial: +1 253-215-8782 OR +1 669 900 6833
- Webinar ID: 973 6850 1001
- Passcode: 876141
- Public Comments:
- Submit public comment via email BOHPublicComment@gallatin.mt.gov.
- Public comments will be closed at 4:00 p.m. on March 11, 2021.
- Comments are viewable online and must be respectful of others.
- Comments may not include any vulgar or threatening language.
Learn how to download and join a virtual Board of Health meeting using Zoom with these downloadable instructions, or at this series of Zoom 101 video tutorials.
Submit Public Comment
To submit a public comment via email BOHPublicComment@gallatin.mt.gov.
All Public Comments are closed at 4:00 pm the day before a Board of Health meeting.
About the Board
The City-County Board of Health is created under an Interlocal Agreement between Gallatin County and the City of Bozeman, dated June, 1990, as amended under the Interlocal Agreement dated May 12, 1997, pursuant to the provisions of Section 50-2-106, M.C.A.
The Board is:
- Comprised of nine members serving staggered three-year terms, as follows:
(1) a County Commissioner or representative,
(2) a City Commissioner or representative,
(3) three members appointed by the County Commission,
(4) three members appointed by the City Commission, and
(5) one member appointed jointly by the City and County Commissions.
- Responsible for appointing a Health Officer and ensuring that the necessary qualified staff is employed, within budget constraints
- Responsible for activities ensuring the health of the community, including guarding against the introduction of communicable diseases and providing for the removal of filth that might adversely affect public health.
The Health Department operates under the County and its personnel manual.
For additional information, contact the Gallatin City-County Health Department at (406) 582-3100.