Gallatin City-County Board of Health
Click each board member’s name for more details.
About the Board
The City-County Board of Health is created under an Interlocal Agreement between Gallatin County, the City of Belgrade, and the City of Bozeman, dated June 2022, pursuant to Sections 7-11-101 through 7-11-108, M.C.A.
The Board is:
The City-County Board of Health shall be known as the “Gallatin City-County Board of Health.” The City-County Board of health shall be composed of nine members:
- One County Commissioner or County designee
- One Bozeman City Commissioner or Bozeman designee
- One Belgrade City Council Member or Belgrade designee
- Two members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners (in addition to the commissioner or county designee described above)
- Two members appointed by the Bozeman City commissioners (in addition to the commissioner or city designee described above)
- Two members appointed by the Belgrade City Council (in addition to the council member or designee described above)
For board member terms, see section 5 of the Interlocal Agreement linked below.
The Governing Body of the City-Council Board of Health is comprised of the Board of County Commissioners, one Bozeman City Commissioner, and one Belgrade City Council Member. At least two concurring votes of the Board of County Commissioners and at least one concurring vote of either the Bozeman City Commission or Belgrade City Council shall be required for the passage of any decision by the Governing Body.
The Health Department operates under the County and its personnel manual.
For additional information, contact the Gallatin City-County Health Department at 406-582-3100.