‘Tis the Season in Gallatin County
Curious about what’s going on in Gallatin County this holiday season? There are plenty of events for people of all ages! And best of all, some of them are free! Get your hats, scarves, and mittens ready and keep reading to find out what’s going on!
Huffing for Stuffing Thanksgiving Day Run/Walk
- When? November 27th, Start times: Kids’ Run: Arrive no later than 7:45am, 10K: 8:50am, 5k Run/Walk: 9:15am
- Where? Museum of the Rockies, Bozeman
- What? Huffing For Stuffing is a fun, heart-healthy, family-oriented event that brings the community together to support our neighbors who rely upon the Gallatin Valley Food Bank during a time of great need. All run proceeds will be donated to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank. Online registration closes Monday, November 24th at 6pm. Visit huffingforstuffing.com for more info!
Big Sky Turkey Trot
- When? November 27th, Registration from 8-8:45am, run starts at 9am
- Where? Firepit Park, Big Sky Town Center
- What? Big Sky Ski Education Foundation is hosting its 5th Annual Turkey Trot 5K and Kids’ Fun Run! $20 online entry fee for 5K run or $25 same day registration fee for 5K. Kids’ Fun Run is free! All proceeds benefit BSSEF programs. The first 125 to register for the 5K will receive a t-shirt and wind buffs for everyone! Lots of great prizes, including best Turkey Day costume, cutest canine, and stroller division. For more info, visit: http://bssef.com/event/5th-annual-bssef-turkey-trot/?instance_id=1936
Manhattan Christmas Stroll
- When? December 4th, 5-7:30pm
- Where? Downtown Manhattan, Montana
- What? Manhattan’s Stroll originated with local businesses inviting customers and neighbors in for Christmas goodies. Through the years it has grown to represent Manhattan’s dedication to family, friends and fun.
Three Forks Christmas Stroll
- When? December 5th, 5-7:30pm
- Where? Downtown Manhattan, Montana
- What? Be a part of Three Forks small town holiday tradition…the Christmas Stroll. Mingle with friends and check out local businesses and the town’s decoration and lights.
Downtown Bozeman Christmas Stroll
- When? December 6th, 4:30-7:30pm
- Where? Downtown Bozeman, starting at the Emerson
- What? Be a part of Downtown Bozeman’s greatest holiday tradition…the Christmas Stroll. Always on the first Saturday in December, come downtown to officially kick-off the Holiday Season! First, Santa Claus works his way from the Emerson Cultural Center down Main Street, singing Christmas carols and lighting the downtown holiday lights with more than 6,000 people in tow to help get people into the holiday spirit. Then enjoy horse drawn wagon rides, pictures with Santa Claus, entertainment, holiday treats and much more! The fun lasts until 7:30PM. Buttons will be available for purchase after Thanksgiving at various Bozeman locations. The full schedule of events will be available online at bozemandailychronicle.com or as a printed publication inserted into the daily paper and available at many downtown locations on the Friday prior.
‘Tis the Season Holiday Dance Performance
- When? December 6th, 2-3pm
- Where? The Emerson Center for Arts and Culture (Crawford Theater)
- What? The Dance Alliance (DA), along with the Emerson Center, will present its fifth annual ‘Tis the Season’, a free, collaborative production to complement the Christmas Stroll in the true spirit of community giving. Featured will be excerpts of upcoming holiday dance performances from each of Bozeman’s three dance companies: The Dance Center’s Nutcracker in a Nutshell; Main Street Dance Theater’s T’was the Night Before Christmas’ and Yellowstone Ballet Company’s community production of The Nutcracker. This event is free and open to the public!
Winter Art Walk
- When? December 12th, 6-8pm
- Where? Downtown Bozeman
- What? The Downtown Bozeman Association, Downtown Bozeman art galleries, retailers, and the Emerson Center for Art and Culture are proud to present the first Downtown Bozeman Winter Art Walk on Friday, December 12 from 6-8pm. The Winter Art Walk is the last Art Walk of the 2014 series which occur on 2nd Fridays of the month; June through September and again in December in Downtown Bozeman. The businesses and galleries generally feature artists’ openings and receptions during the event and often provide complimentary hors d’oeuvres and refreshments.
Winter Farmers’ Market
- When? January 3rd and 17th, February 7th and 21st, March 7th and 21st, April 4th and 18th, 9am-12pm
- Where? The Emerson Center for Arts and Culture (Ballroom)
- What? The Bozeman Winter Farmers’ Market grew from the demand for a direct producer-to-consumer experience beyond the traditional summer market season, as well as an abundance of offerings from local farmers and producers reaching well into the winter, and replenishing in the spring. During the months of October through April, you can find grass fed meats, goat cheese, root vegetables, greenhouse fare, farm fresh eggs, seeds & starter plants, and artisan breads. This event is free and open to the public!