How Healthy Is Our Community?
The Community Health Assessment and Community Health Improvement Plan involved a collaborative process to identify and address issues related to health and wellbeing in Gallatin County. The Community Health Assessment is a systematic, data-driven approach to determining health status, behaviors, and needs of residents in Gallatin, Madison, and Park Counties. Information from this assessment is used to inform decisions and guide efforts to improve community health and wellness. We looked at key questions such as:
- What are the strengths of our communities?
- What health concerns do county residents have?
- What are the emerging health issues in the county?
- What other resources are needed to address these concerns?
Bozeman Health, Community Health Partners, and Gallatin City-County Health Department collaborated to complete this quantitative survey of residents in Gallatin, Madison, and Park Counties. The survey includes questions on health screenings, health access, and health behaviors.
- 2017 Community Health Needs Assessment – Gallatin, Madison & Park Counties
- 2017 Community Health Needs Assessment – Big Sky, West Yellowstone & Gallatin Gateway
- 2014 Community Health Needs Assessment – Gallatin, Madison & Park Counties
- 2011 Community Health Needs Assessment – Gallatin, Madison & Park Counties
Other data sources:
- 2017 Montana State Health Assessment
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps
Community Health Improvement Plan
This report, based on the findings of the Community Health Assessment, highlights strategic issues that Gallatin County communities are addressing. Check out the following document, which outlines the strategies that community groups and stakeholders are working on together in order to improve health and wellbeing in Gallatin County.
- Healthy Gallatin Community Health Improvement Plan – Coming soon!
- Gallatin Wellbeing
State Health Improvement Plan
Montana’s State Health Improvement Coalition spearheads the completion of a State Health Improvement Plan every five years, following the completion of a State Health Assessment. Similar to the Community Health Improvement Plan, the State Health Improvement Plan outlines strategies to improve the health of all Montanans. Priority areas for the State Health Improvement Plan include:
- Behavioral Health
- Chronic Disease Prevention and Self-Management
- Motor Vehicle Crashes
- Healthy Mothers, Babies, and Youth
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
Information on the State Health Improvement Coalition, State Health Assessment, and State Health Improvement Plan can be found here: Healthier Montana
Bozeman Health has created a Community Health Resource Guide – Connecting the Dots – with the goal of providing the public with access to reliable consumer health information and resources. Check it out below: