Helping to Ensure You’re Insured
Health insurance is now more accessible and more affordable for thousands of Montanans through the Health Insurance Marketplace. We can help you navigate your options to ensure you are properly covered. During the Open Enrollment Period, you can apply for a new Marketplace plan, keep your current plan, or pick a new one.
There are four key dates you should know:
- November 1, 2018- Open Enrollment begins
- December 15, 2018-Open Enrollment ends
- January 1, 2019- Coverage begins
You can still buy Marketplace insurance outside of Open Enrollment if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period due to a life event like marriage, birth or adoption of a child, or loss of other health coverage.
To get started, review How to Review and Apply, and gather the necessary documents:
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (for example, from pay stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
- A completed Employer Coverage Tool on page 2 of the health insurance exchange’s preparation document designed to help you gather necessary information on every job-based plan that you or someone in your household is eligible for.
Contact one of the local Certified Application Counselors who can offer free and confidential help.
- Gallatin City County Health Department
- Bozeman: (406) 582-3100
- Community Health Partners in Gallatin County
- Bozeman: (406) 585-1360
- Belgrade: (406) 922-0820
- All other areas of Gallatin County: (406) 585-1360 or (406) 222-1111
- Community Health Partners in Park County
- Livingston: (406) 222-1111
- Bozeman: (406) 587-0681