What’s next?

You have been diagnosed with COVID and will need to stay home until meeting the CDC criteria to be released from isolation*. 

You should notify the following people:

  • All professors, whether enrolled in online or in-person classes.
  • If you live ON CAMPUS, call Residence Life at 406-994-2605 to move to an isolation area and receive food and other assistance.
  • If you live OFF CAMPUS, you can call the MSU COVID Case Managers at 406-994-4100 to receive information on food assistance, additional resources, and how to comply with isolation to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

*Refusal to comply with this isolation order is a violation of the MSU Student Code of Conduct and may result in disciplinary action.

Sara Alert

Gallatin City-County Health Department is using an application called Sara Alert to support people in isolation. You will receive an email or text message asking if you have symptoms. The Sara Alert number is 844-957-2721. Please make sure this email does not go to spam or this number is not blocked.

What should I do if my symptoms worsen?

If your symptoms worsen, you can go to:

  • University Health Partners, 100 Swingle Building; call 406-994-2311 for an appointment.
  • b2 Urgent Care
    • In Bozeman, 1006 West Main Street
    • In Belgrade, 206 Alaska Frontage Road

Please wear a face covering and notify staff that you have been diagnosed with COVID so that the healthcare team can the proper precautions.


For more information, please go to MSU’s COVID website. At the bottom of the page is a “Questions about COVID- 19” box where questions can be submitted. MSU staff will reply.