Environmental Health Services:
Gallatin-City County Health Department Environmental Health Services focuses on making sure your food, air, land and water are clean and safe; contributing to everyone’s well-being.
Some of our services include:
- We license and inspect retail food businesses, providing education, and assuring compliance with rules and regulations to ensure food safety.
- We license and inspect public swimming pools and spas, public accommodations such as tourist homes, hotels and motels, trailer courts and campgrounds, childcare facilities, and tattoo and body art establishments for possible health and safety hazards.
- We offer resources and education to area residents about topics such as indoor and outdoor air quality, water quality, septic system maintenance and safe food handling.
- We investigate and enforce laws and regulations that protect environmental public health and safety when warranted.
- We conduct onsite inspection and issue permits for wastewater treatment disposal systems in Gallatin County. The construction and location of on-site wastewater disposal systems are regulated to ensure that drinking water quality is not negatively impacted by the placement and design of these systems.
- Under contract with the Department of Environmental Quality we do Subdivision Review. In that capacity, we apply state regulations that apply to sanitation (water, wastewater, storm water and solid waste) in Subdivisions.
In The Spotlight:
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the constant social chatter on coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The topic has saturated our news channels and our conversations. And as schools across the nation make critical decisions to remain open or to close temporarily, the impact can be felt among […]
Harmful algae blooms can occur in any standing body of water that is exposed to the sun. Some years, under certain conditions, the algal blooms may produce toxins which pose a health threat to animals and people. The algae responsible for algal blooms occur naturally and during spells […]
The Gallatin City-County Health Department Environmental Health Services Division performs inspections that assure the safety of the public and the prevention of conditions and practices that endanger public health. Inspections are focused on health-related issues where registered sanitarians determine compliance with the local