Montana Asthma Program
Breathe easier when you participate in the Montana Asthma Home Visiting Program. This free program brings a registered nurse into your home. You’ll learn the steps to take to control and manage your asthma.
Who is this program for?
The Montana Asthma Home Visiting Program is for adults or children with uncontrolled asthma. You may be eligible for the program if you or your child have a current asthma diagnosis and have had either:
- An emergency department visit, hospitalization, or unscheduled medical office visit for asthma OR,
- An Asthma Control Test score of less than 20 in the last year.
Individuals with asthma who do not meet the above criteria may still qualify with a referral from their healthcare provider.
What is included?
Participation in the Montana Asthma Home Visiting Program gets you:
- Six free home nurse visits over the course of one year.
- Help to understand asthma triggers. Our Asthma Home Environment Checklist focuses on dust mites, mold, smoke and pets.
- Training on using an inhaler.
- Review of long-term control medications and rescue medications.
- Coordination with you or your child’s healthcare provider to create an asthma action plan.
More free incentives
In addition to the above services, you’ll also receive the following free incentives, as needed:
- A HEPA Air Filter
- An asthma-friendly mattress and pillowcase covers
- A peak flow meter
- A valved holding chamber
How do I enroll?
To enroll in the program, fill out the Montana Asthma Program referral form.
How can I get more information?
For more information on the program, call us at 406.551.5837.