WIC (Women, Infants and Children)
Feed ‘Em Smart From the Start!
Nobody should have to choose between paying the bills and buying healthy groceries. The Women, Infants and Children program, (WIC) is a supplemental nutrition program providing healthy food, breastfeeding support, and nutrition education. WIC is available to income eligible (LINK) moms who are pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum along with dads, foster parents and grandparents, or any guardian of a child under 5 years old. SNAP and Head Start participants automatically qualify.
Who is eligible for WIC
- Pregnant woman
- Breasting Feeding woman with an infant under 12 months of age
- Non-breastfeeding woman up to 6 months of postpartum
- Infant under 12 months of age
- Child 1 to 5 years of age
- Note: Fathers, custodial grandparents, foster parents or other guardians may apply for WIC for their children.
WIC Participants receive
- Women who have recently delivered a baby or must currently be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Infants and children under five years old also qualify to apply
- Families and individuals must meet income criteria
- Dads, foster parents, grandparents, or any guardian of a child under 5 years old can apply
With eWIC, our electronic benefits transfer, it’s easier than ever to participate.
To begin enrollment, please bring the following to your first appointment:
- Identification for all participants (Birth Certificate, Driver’s License, Social Security Card or Medicaid Card)
- Proof of residence
- Proof of income for all members of the household
Locations and Contact Information
Gallatin County WIC and Montana State University are excited to welcome families to our campus WIC clinic. Appointments will be available from 9:00am to 4:00pm every Monday.
Call Healthy Gallatin WIC at 406.582.3115 or email us at email@example.com to schedule an appointment for the MSU Campus Clinic, or at any of our other Gallatin County locations.
- Bozeman: 215 W Mendenhall, in Bozeman, on the north side of the Gallatin City-County Health Department building.
- Belgrade: 201 W Madison, Building 2, open Thursdays only, 9am-5pm.
- Montana State University: 1218 S.15th Street, Bozeman. Mondays, 9am-4pm.
- West Yellowstone: Povah Center, 10 S. Geyser Street, Call 582-3115 for more information.
- If you need to reach us on our clinic days in Belgrade, Montana State University, or West Yellowstone, call, (406) 539-7070.
To schedule an appointment, call us at (406) 582-3115, or email at WIC@gallatin.mt.gov