988 is now active across the United States. This new, shorter phone number will make it easier for people to remember and access mental health crisis services.
(Please note, the previous 1-800-273-TALK (8255) number will continue to function indefinitely.)
Mental Health Services in Gallatin County:
Crisis Services in Montana
Information from Montana DPHHS.
Providence Mental Health
Our approach is geared toward alleviating the harmful effects of traumatic experiences and weak attachment by providing a foundation for healthy families and individuals.
- 2216 BOOT HILL CT #3, BOZEMAN
The Help Center
- 24-Hour Crisis Line and Suicide Outreach
- 406-586-3333, information and referrals dial 211
Gallatin Mental Health Center
- Adult outpatient treatment and case management with a sliding fee scale and some free counseling services.
- 699 Farmhouse Lane
Community Health Partners (CHP)
- Offering mental health counseling on a sliding fee scale.
- Community Health Partners (CHP)
- Belgrade: 406-924-5754
- Bozeman: 406-585-1360
- Livingston: 406-222-1111
Montana Warm Line
- Non-crisis support line Website
- M-F 4 pm-10 pm & Sat-Sun 10 am-10 pm
Wellness in Action
- Counseling services in Big Sky area.
Thrive by Waypoint Health
- Free for Montanans for skills related to coping with stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Visit Thrive for Montana for more information.
Montana Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Toll-Free / 24 hours / 7 days a week
Suicide Loss Survivors Group
- Support group for adults who have lost someone to suicide.
- Contact: Help Center, 406-586-3333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information and Registration: https://www.bozemanhelpcenter.org/suicide-loss-survivors.html
Parents of Suicide Support Group
- Support group for parents who have lost a child to suicide.
- Central Valley Fire Community Room, 215 Wings Way, Belgrade, MT 59714
- Contact Person: Tracy Rassley, 406-451-9223, email@example.com
- Information about this ground can be found at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Children’s Case Management, Outpatient Treatment & Psychiatric Services
Hope House Crisis Stabilization
- Outpatient Therapy & Children Case Management
MSU Counseling & Psychological Services
- For MSU students, staff, and faculty
Open Arms Drop-in Center
- Peer-to-peer support
- 695 Farmhouse Lane
- Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm, Saturdays 9 am-5 pm
- Recovery Group Meetings, Monday-Saturday noon-1pm
MSU Human Development Clinic
- Low-cost outpatient adults, children, couples and families
Crisis Intervention Team
- Gallatin Mental Health Center (GMHC) crisis response is a team of mental health professionals that conducts emergency evaluations and recommends voluntary or emergency detention placements at Hope House.
- Statewide information about all community resources
- www.montana211.org or dial 211